Belonging to the Children's Forum satisfies the "membership in a professional organization" requirement for the renewal of many early care and education/child care credentials such as a CDA or FCCPC. In addition, we can assist program directors with fulfilling their professional contribution requirement for the renewal of their director credential.
We offer a variety of memberships for the early care and education community:
All Children's Forum members receive the following benefits:
- Fulfillment of membership requirements for credential renewals
- Membership card and certificate
- Discounts on professional development, training, and classroom supplies through our partner organizations
- Issues of Florida's Child, our quarterly e-newsletter
- E-mail notifications of legislative issues and other topics affecting the field
- Recognition in the Forum's annual report and newsletter as an active member and supporter
- Advocacy to legislators and business leaders on the important work you do for young children
Teachers work directly with young children in the field of early care and education and after-school.
Our program offers enrollment to help teachers meet the "membership requirement"* for renewal of:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC)
- National CDA Credential (CDA)
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC)
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC)
- Florida School-Age Professional Credential (SAPC)
* Proof of individual membership in a national, state or local early childhood professional organization within last 12 months, (based on date application is received), is required. [Section 402.305(3)(b), F.S]
Program directors, child care center owners, family child care home operators, and others holding a Director Credential who wish to take part in leadership and advocacy initiatives for the advancement of the field of early care and education/school-age care in Florida.
Membership assists program directors in fulfilling the professional contribution requirement for the renewal of their Director Credential.
The Children's Forum is the Florida affiliate of the Association for Early Learning Leaders (AELL).
Program directors in Florida can join the Association for Early Learning Leaders at one of two levels:
- State Affiliate Level – $50 per year
Membership at the state level provides you with the Forum membership benefits.
- National Level – Cost depends on the subscription level selected
Membership at the national level provides you with the benefits of the association as well as of the state affiliate.
Visit the Association to view your benefits.
The Association for Early Learning Leaders is the nation's leader among associations serving child care owners, directors, and administrators. The organization's goal is to enhance the knowledge, skills and abilities of the people who lead the child care industry by providing services and benefits specifically geared to their needs. You can subscribe to the Association by choosing the most appropriate Toolkit for your organization.
Supporting Members work as trainers, instructors, consultants, agency personnel, association staff, advocates, administrators, etc on behalf of young children in the field of early care and education/school-age care.
By enrolling as a Supporting Member, you will be fulfilling your responsibility to serve as an active member of your profession. Add your voice to our efforts to help set the standard for high quality education and care for all children.
Supporting Organizations support investments in early care and education, share the mission of the Forum to provide high-quality early learning experiences for all children, and want to help us sustain our activities and events on behalf of young children.