Belonging to the Children's Forum satisfies the "membership in a professional organization" requirement for the renewal of many early care and education/child care credentials such as a CDA or FCCPC. In addition, we can assist program directors with fulfilling their professional contribution requirement for the renewal of their director credential.
We offer a variety of memberships for the early care and education community:
All Children's Forum members receive the following benefits:
- Fulfillment of membership requirements for credential renewals
- Membership card and certificate
- Discounts on professional development, training, and classroom supplies through our partner organizations
- Issues of Florida's Child, our quarterly e-newsletter
- E-mail notifications of legislative issues and other topics affecting the field
- Recognition in the Forum's annual report and newsletter as an active member and supporter
- Advocacy to legislators and business leaders on the important work you do for young children
Teachers work directly with young children in the field of early care and education and after-school.
Our program offers enrollment to help teachers meet the "membership requirement"* for renewal of:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC)
- National CDA Credential (CDA)
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC)
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC)
- Florida School-Age Professional Credential (SAPC)
* Proof of individual membership in a national, state or local early childhood professional organization within last 12 months, (based on date application is received), is required. [Section 402.305(3)(b), F.S]
Membership assists program directors in fulfilling the Professional Contribution Requirement (PCR) for the renewal of their Director Credential. When you join the Forum at the Director/Owner/Operator level, you automatically become a member of our Continuing Education and Training (CE/T) Advisory Committee. The CE/T Advisory Committee was formed as a result of our status as an Accredited Provider of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). As an IACET Provider, we are able to provide CEU for all of our training events.
Because we are a CEU provider, we conduct an annual training needs assessment to make sure we are offering training topics that are important to early childhood educators and directors in Florida. By being a member of our CE/T Advisory Committee, you provide valuable information to us and your participation becomes your Professional Contribution. You will receive information by email about your participation in the annual training needs assessment within one week of joining the Forum at this level.
More information about the PCR:
On page 5, Section 8 of the Florida Child Care Director Credential and Renewal Application, CF-FSP Form 5290, eight (8) activities are listed that fulfill the PCR as determined by the Department of Children and Families. The second option states that a director can:
Serve as an officer, committee member, consultant, or mentor in a professional organization related to the field of early childhood or school-age education.
Supporting Members work as trainers, instructors, consultants, agency personnel, association staff, advocates, administrators, etc on behalf of young children in the field of early care and education/school-age care.
By enrolling as a Supporting Member, you will be fulfilling your responsibility to serve as an active member of your profession. Add your voice to our efforts to help set the standard for high quality education and care for all children.