Director / Owner Members
Leaders in the advancement of early education
Program directors, child care center owners, family child care home operators, and others holding a Director Credential who wish to take part in leadership and advocacy initiatives for the advancement of the field of early care and education/school-age care in Florida.
Membership assists program directors in fulfilling the Professional Contribution Requirement (PCR) for the renewal of their Director Credential. When you join the Forum at the Director/Owner/Operator level, you automatically become a member of our Continuing Education and Training (CE/T) Advisory Committee. The CE/T Advisory Committee was formed as a result of our status as an Accredited Provider of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). As an IACET Provider, we are able to provide CEU for all of our training events.
Because we are a CEU provider, we conduct an annual training needs assessment to make sure we are offering training topics that are important to early childhood educators and directors in Florida. By being a member of our CE/T Advisory Committee, you provide valuable information to us and your participation becomes your Professional Contribution. You will receive information by email about your participation in the annual training needs assessment within one week of joining the Forum at this level.
More information about the PCR:
On page 5, Section 8 of the Florida Child Care Director Credential and Renewal Application, CF-FSP Form 5290, eight (8) activities are listed that fulfill the PCR as determined by the Department of Children and Families. The second option states that a director can:
Serve as an officer, committee member, consultant, or mentor in a professional organization related to the field of early childhood or school-age education.
All Children's Forum members receive the following benefits:
- Fulfillment of membership requirements for credential renewals
- Membership card and certificate
- Discounts on professional development, training, and classroom supplies through our partner organizations
- Issues of Florida's Child, our quarterly e-newsletter
- E-mail notifications of legislative issues and other topics affecting the field
- Recognition in the Forum's annual report and newsletter as an active member and supporter
- Advocacy to legislators and business leaders on the important work you do for young children